Saturday 23 November 2013

3 Looks 1 Skirt

Skirt: Asos (Similar Here, Here & Here)

Hello Ladies, How was your week? Mine was busy and am glad it's over. 
One of my favourite things about fashion is the effect styling can have on an overall look. I love the way different people can wear the exact same item but their personal style transforms the piece and creates unique looks. Along the same lines, one person can wear the same piece for entirely different occasions yet make it appropriate for each occasion simply by styling the piece differently.
I've been wanting to do one of these posts for awhile now, but never found the right item to use. I fell in love with this skirt from Asos when I first saw it online, but didn't fully grasp its versatility until I started pairing it with other pieces in my closet and found out it can be worn with almost anything! An easy exercise is to try mixing different fabrics and prints that are not the typical solutions in order to create multiple looks. By doing this technique you expand your wardrobe and the ability to re-wear pieces.


For an evening look, I'm wearing a peplum top with the skirt to create a clean silhouette. Pairing it with classic peep toe pumps and I added a cute hair band for an extra girly touch.



It's always lovely to catch up with friends for lunch. It may seem like an unlikely pairing, but a crop top tempers the skirt’s ladylike vibe and gives it an edgy look without been trashy. The black with leather sleeves and lapelle lends extra edge to the look.



I wanted to prove that a piece can be worn on a date and to lunch with the girls and finally could also be worn to run errands on the weekend. This white jumper is so comfortable it feels like I'm wearing my pyjamas in public. Throw on a pair of  high heel sneakers, shopping bag and errands are ready to be run.


#Look 1
Top: Oasis (similar Here & Here)
Shoes: Nine West (Similar Here & Here)
Bag: Zara (Similar Here & Here)
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins (Similar Here & Here)

#Look 2
Crop Top: River Island (Similar Here)
Blazer:Crafted (Similar Here & Here)
Bag: H&M (Similar Here)
Shoes: Zara (Similar Here & Here)

#Look 3
Top: George (Similar Here)
Shoes: Matalan (Similar Here & Here)
Bag: H&M

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave your comments below
xoxo
Ashabi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...